Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

(belated) Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.  Even having to work a small shift at work, I had a great day.  Presents, good food, and a lot of laughter.

Before the unwrapping

We always have a good Christmas; we go all out with gift-giving at Christmas compared to birthdays and such (and my birthday is a month away). I got several wished for items, including my own Shellie May, tickets for Swan Lake, and a TV (once it's set up, my family will probably never see me).  Our dog Kuma thought Shellie May was a new toy for her; I had to almost immediately put her in my room so that Kuma wouldn't try to grab her.

 

My sister Alyssa did this very neat little advent calendar for me, Heather, and my parents this year. My mom used to do a '12 Days of Christmas' for us when we were younger; we hung this mittens on our doors and she would be candy and small gifts in them for the 12 days leading up to Christmas.  This was waiting for me after I got home for work on the 1st, and I would open each one after work (was especially nice after the really rough days).  For the 25th, she hid gifts in the tree.




I had a great time with my friend Jen at the Nutcracker. The first dance between Clara and the Prince was breathtaking.  This version of the Nutcracker is not my favorite, but still a great production (the sets are by Maurice Sendak).  I'm beyond excited to go see Swan Lake next year and so grateful to my sister for getting me tickets.

The year is winding down - New Year's always makes me a bit sad but I'm trying to look at 2013 optimistically. I'll hopefully will be spending New Year's Eve with friends; not feeling great so I'm hoping I'm not coming down with anything.  I'll see everyone in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment