Lately, I've been trying to think of ways add more content to my blog and went on the search for a blogging challenge. I found a lot of writing challenges (mostly dealing with creative writing) but that wasn't really what I was looking for. I discovered the #2014BloggerChallenge while browsing through Twitter (thanks to Amicia Rai) and it aligned more with what I wanted to go for.
The challenge was created by Gaby of AnotherGirlyBlog. The idea is to write two posts a month based on the prompts sent to us before hand. The posts for the challenge would go up during the 1st and 3rd week of the month so there's plenty of time to think and write. It doesn't matter what kind of blog you run - the topics are there to inspire and give you the push to write things you wouldn't normally write about.
If you would like to join in on the fun, all you need to do is email your name, blog URL, and email to email@example.com. You can also take a look at the original post about the challenge here.
I'm really looking forward to receiving the first prompts. I will have been blogging for two years at the start of the new year and it would be nice to see my blog grow a bit. Can't wait to start!
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
So, next week it will be about six months since I started my new List. Decided to do an update on how I'm progressing on that and post it up early.
- Only use cash for a month (besides paying bills)
- I was very happy that this goal went very well. I now am in the habit of using cash for most of my transactions.
- Support a Kickstarter project
- I have supported 2 successfully backed projects: Angry Cat Plush and Oracle Playing Cards.
- Buy a new pair of glasses
- The pair I used to have were literally falling apart, and so I was forced to go to the eye doctor, which was probably a good thing since I hadn't seen the eye doctor for at least 3 years. I quite like my new pair and I also got contacts again.
- Make a twitter account
- I hardly ever use it but I made an account (@oflifeandlists).
- Participate in a swap
- It's great to get back into swapping. Two swaps have been completed and am currently involved in two more.
Have a budget binder/journal my spending
- This could probably go under 'ongoing' as well; I did very good of writing down my transactions the first month, but have been very lazy about it the past couple of months.
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Day 9: Training is going alright at work, but the meeting we had to discuss the holidays at work (the busiest time for us) is freaking me out a bit. So not prepared.