Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Project Review

I recently got sick a couple of weeks ago and am just about over it, and finally getting the motivation to blog again, I discovered that I passed my end date for the List.  April 28.  And I have to say, I'm a little surprised and kind of disappointed in myself for not getting more done.  And yet, it's very interesting to go back and look at what I had written down as my goals.

When I made this List, I had just recently finished college and had just gotten a new job after searching for a few months.  Looking at the List, a lot of my goals involve money: trips or buying things and I think that shows where I was at that point. I was finally back in a job and earning money, with a main goal of saving up for a car but still had a bit of spending money.  I realized that several of the items I put on the List were not going to happen but the point of the List is not to see how doable the goals are, but that you write down what you really want to try and accomplish and do your best to do just that.

I also realize that I was kind of lazy.  The List was never that far from my mind but there were several times through out this, that I got very low and just had no motivation (for anything really). I know the reason behind these low points was my job. I've come to a certain way of thinking about my job and it's ultimately still a goal to find a new one, but it's a bit hard when I know I'm secure in my position as well as it's been difficult to find anything.

I plan on making a new list in the next couple of days and I'm pretty sure it's going to be rather different - I have different goals and trying to move on towards a new chapter in my life.  But I'm excited for another go at this and look forward to what I'm going to accomplish next.

No comments:

Post a Comment