Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

6 Month Update

So, next week it will be about six months since I started my new List.  Decided to do an update on how I'm progressing on that and post it up early.

The successes:
  • Only use cash for a month (besides paying bills)
    • I was very happy that this goal went very well. I now am in the habit of using cash for most of my transactions.
  • Support a Kickstarter project
    • I have supported 2 successfully backed projects: Angry Cat Plush and Oracle Playing Cards.     
  • Buy a new pair of glasses
    • The pair I used to have were literally falling apart, and so I was forced to go to the eye doctor, which was probably a good thing since I hadn't seen the eye doctor for at least 3 years. I quite like my new pair and I also got contacts again.
  • Make a twitter account
    • I hardly ever use it but I made an account (@oflifeandlists).
  • Participate in a swap
    • It's great to get back into swapping. Two swaps have been completed and am currently involved in two more.
  • Have a budget binder/journal my spending
    • This could probably go under 'ongoing' as well; I did very good of writing down my transactions the first month, but have been very lazy about it the past couple of months.

The ongoing:
  • Make at least 1 blog post a month
    • Doing pretty good on this so far - I'm always trying to think of new things to post (my day-to-day life is not very exciting) and I'm always open to suggestions.
  • Try 10 new teas
    • White Peach, White Pomegranate, Queen's Earl Grey, Cinnabar (all from the Queen Mary Tea Room)
  • Go to 33 new ‘food establishments’ (not just restaurants)
    • Coho, Queen Mary Tea Room, Voodoo Donuts, Lot No. 3, Wild Ginger, Sizzle Pie. I know there are a couple more that I can't remember at the top of my head.
  • Use up all beauty samples
    • I keep my samples from Glossybox and Sephora in a basket, and my Face Shop samples in a separate box. Slowly but surely, things are being used up (or thrown away if I don't like them).  I'm thinking of stopping my Glossybox subscription at the end of the year - it's a good service but I could probably use the money else where.
  • Find a new skincare regime
    • This is an ongoing challenge and probably always will be.
  • Sort out my imps and test them all
    • I already mad a blog post about this, and am working my way through them.  Right now I'm focused on testing out the Halloweenie decants I got before I go back to the GC scents.
  • Read 150 books
    • This has been difficult - I'm trying to break out of a reading slump. I've started reading several books but nothing has yet to really catch my attention. I'm really enjoying Dracula, though, and can't believe it's taken me so long to finally reading it.
  • Complete 52 week money challenge twice
    • Got up to week 23 before stopping. Going to wait until the new year to start it again.
  • Clean car out once a month
    • This is really easy to forget to do, but I usually end up doing this when I'm at work for some reason.
The failed or discarded:
  • Trade in DS for 3DS
    • Decided that I was going to keep my DS and just buy the 3DS so I can still play my old games
These are the goals I would like to tackle within the next 6 months:
  • See at least one ballet
    • Sleeping Beauty is being performed at the beginning of February and I would love to see it.
  • Save up for a new computer
    • Mine is starting to fall apart (quite literally) and have been having issues with viruses lately.
  • Get 8 hours of sleep a night for at least one week
    • I usually get about 4-5 on the days I work, then sleep in on my days off. I have a real problem going to sleep before 10 o'clock, and since I usually have to be at work at 5:30 and wake up around 4 o'clock, I would have to go to bed around 8 o'clock which just seems odd to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment