Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Winter Holiday Book Swap 2013

Like I mentioned in my last post, I just got my box from my Librarian in our latest book swap.  The winter book swap started just a couple of weeks after the fall one, and I had to sign up for it.  The requirements: send at least three books (one must be winter/Christmas themed), at least 2 treats (one winter/Christmas themed), and at least 1 extra goodie. The deadline to ship everything out was the end of December but I was able to get my bookworm's box out last week (I of course had to go to the PO on one of the busiest shipping days of the year).

My books - I also got a digital copy of Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith
My treats - never had a GooGoo cluster before.
My goodies all wrapped up neatly
And unwrapped!
This box couldn't have come at a better time. The past few days have been extremely busy for us at work and extremely stressful. It's also like a nice pre-Christmas gift.  The Eyre Affair sounds really interesting but I'll probably read Soulless first to get some background of that universe before I read the next book in the author's Finishing School series (which I didn't realize took place in the same universe as the Parasol Protectorate series until I finished Etiquette & Espionage).

I love all my extra goodies, especially the ornaments. I already have a nice collection of Christmas decorations and these will be a great addition to it.  The headband is super cute and will be great for covering my ears when I head off to work in the morning (I don't have a hood on my coat).

And so my last swap of the year is over. Can't wait for new ones next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment