Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blogging Goals 2014

It's a new year, and my blog is now 2 years old! I thought I would share some of my goals I have for my blog that I hope to reach this year.
  • Reach 100 followers: This might be a little too ambitious, but I think it would be great to hit my first 100 by the end of the year. I want to thank everyone who has followed me thanks to the #2014BloggerChallenge - there have been some great posts on the first topic.
  • Post weekly: This will be a challenge; I've got the #2014BloggerChallenge, which means 2 guaranteed posts up each month, but I really want to start putting out more content on this blog. I take forever editing my posts - I'll write something up, and just edit it to death before posting (it can be a week between writing and posting).
  • Blog everyday for one month: I would love to participate in a 31 day blogging challenge, but I always seem to find one when it's already halfway through the challenge. Still, it's something I want to attempt this year.
  • New layout/background: I really want to clean up the look of my blog - it just looks kind of plain to me and I would love to make it pop some.
I've got some other ideas, but these are the main goals I plan on working on.  I found some great blogs to follow last year, and can't wait to find new ones. 

I don't really do New Year's Resolutions but I do have one personal goal that I would like to work on and that is to be more social. I tend to prefer to stay at home once I get off of work and am more than happy to spend the entire day in bed on my days off.  I usually have only a couple of big social events (going to conventions) during the year, but I want to make an effort to go and hang out with my friends more often.  I'm actually planning on doing something on my birthday this year and have a tentative plan to do a day trip to  Canada to check out some restaurants so that isn't too bad of a start.

Hope the new year is off to a great start for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I know you can reach 100 followers this year :) just keep blogging about your lists and I'm sure you will make it!

    ReplyDelete