Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Reading Round Up 2

I haven't gotten as much reading done the past few weeks because I keep forgetting to take a book with me to work as I can read on my lunch break. I do have a Barns & Noble that's literally a 3 minute walk away from work, but I've been trying not to go there that often to protect my wallet.

Recent Reads

Puella Magi Oriko Magica v. 1 & 2 by Magica Quartet, art by Mura Kuroe: I love that we see other magical girls and we see more of Mami and Kyouko, but I was not the biggest fan of the art of this story compared to Madoka.  But I think it's interesting that another magical girl was also trying to prevent the same event that Homura was, but in a different way for different reasons.

Girl Genius by Phil and Kaja Folio: I read the entirety of all the published Girl Genius in two days, and have been following the updates for the newest pages for the past two weeks.  I had read the first 2 volumes a long time ago, but for some reason never continued and didn't think to read it online.  When I finished reading the first 3 volumes again that I had gotten from the library and then discovering that not all the volumes were available, I proceeded to read the rest of it online.  My eyes were hurting at the end and I prefer having a physical copy, but I'm caught up and I really enjoy the story, even if it seems that it's taking a long time for the plot to move along. Also, a new OTP was born: Gil and Agatha.

Agatha H and the Airship City by Phil and Kaja Folio: the novelization of the first three volumes of Girl Genius, and includes a little more background information than what is covered in the comic.  I really enjoyed it and have the second novel on hold.

Recent Library Pickups

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso: one of the books I'm currently reading. I'm enjoying it and am looking for more 'motivating' books to read. Please comment if you have suggestions!

Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice Vol 1-5 by Masaki Hiramatsu, art by Takashi Tensugi

Haul

I got my spring book swap package a little bit ago and was gifted:

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (signed by the author)
Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier (first book of The Griffin Mage)
Marlfox by Brian Jacques
Wizard by Trade by Jim Butcher (signed by the author)

About to Start Reading

Skin Game by Jim Butcher

I've been noticing a lot of 'Summer Reading' posts on various blogs lately. Anybody have any reading goals over the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment