Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

#40: Red Mill Burgers

Nothing much has been going on this past week or so; I've been through an interview process with a prospective job and haven't heard back them yet which kind of makes me a bit nervous and sad.  I've been trying to think of what to post and I realized I never wrote about my trip to Red Mill Burgers! My parents surprised me one afternoon by taking me after we dropped my sister off at her work; I didn't have my camera on me so no pictures.

I first learned about Red Mill on Man vs. Food and knew I had to try it out.  It's a much smaller place than I thought it was.  We got there around noon so it was starting to get busy; a line was already out the door and quickly got longer behind us.  Me and my Dad got Double Bacon Deluxe w/ Cheese and my mom got a Bleu Cheese and Bacon Burger; we also got 2 orders of onion rings.  The burger was great; the bacon was crispy and rather peppery and their 'Mill Sauce' was a slightly spicy mayo. The onion rings weren't bad; the onion itself was quite good but the they definitely use a wet breading, so it's a bit thick and a bit too much for my taste. I couldn't really figure out what spices they use and it kind of drove me crazy. The fries looked really good and I will need to get them next time.

Price-wise, I say definitely on the cheaper end of the non fast food burger joints. I go to Fat Burger and Charlie's Flame Broiled Burgers every few months, and Red Mill is a dollar or two cheaper.  You do have to get the sides and drink separate from the burger and there is no meal deal at Red Mill. I will say that of the three, I would choose Red Mill last, mostly because it is more of a hassle to get there and the other two are just a bit better.

Overall, I highly recommend.  I would suggest either going before or after the lunch rush; it get's crowded very easily and some people are extremely rude when it comes to trying to get a table.  Another negative is parking - the dedicated area for parking is very small and is shared with the Starbucks next door so you might have to go hunt down a space then walk to the restaurant. But, the food is good and that's what matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment