Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

My first Glossybox!

I received my first Glossybox today! Glossybox is a subscription service where you will receive 5 travel/deluxe sized beauty product samples each month. There are other various sample services, but Glossybox is the only one that I've been impressed by, so I decided to take a risk and sign up.

I signed up on the 21st, got an e-mail saying it shipped the 25th, and it arrived today the 5th. It looks like it's shipping from NJ, so it's going to take a little bit of time to get here, but it was held up for 3 days at some facility in IN. I think the shipping could be a bit faster, but I'm not going to complain much as I'm sure they're dealing with a large amount of orders.


Now, the goodies:



First off, the box. I love the actually box that the products come in. It's a pretty pale pink, the inside black witht the Glossybox sympol, and rather sturdy. I'll definitely will be keeping it and using it for storage. I also find the presentation very nice.


So the five products this month is Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel, Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick Copper No 202, Marvis Whitening (toothpaste), Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry Hair, and Zoya Nail Polish from their Beach and Surf Collection in Carly.

My overall impression is this is all very nice. The first product that caught my eye was the hydrating hair mask as my hair is currently suffering a bit and I've been looking for something like this.  I'm also very happy with the nail polish - I really like all the Zoyas that I have in my collection, but haven't bought any for possibly a year or so, so I'm happy to have a new polish and in one of my preferred colors.  Not sure whether the lipstick will work on me, but I've been wanting to try Burberry lipsticks for a while so I'm very happy to get this.  A new moisturizer to try outthough I'll probably never get a full size of it, as it's 100 bucks! Unless it performs miracles, no beauty product is worth that much.  The only thing I'm not completely thrilled with is the toothpaste. I also received a blush brush.




I will stick with Glossybox for at least one or two more boxes. I've heard about some concerns and read some of the comments they've been getting on Facebook that some people are not happy (that bloggers get really amazing boxes compared to everyone else, that the first boxes are great but then become mediocre), but so far, I don't feel bad about spending the money to get this. Just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment