Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Reading Round Up 3

It was a slow month for reading. It's been very annoying finding books I want to read, but are unavailable at the library and I don't want to waste money on something I may or may not like.

Want To Read

Went browsing around the bookstore on my lunch break and hope I can get to these in the future:

Battle Royale Slam Book edited by Nick Mamatas and Masumi Washington
Three by Jay Posey
The Executioner's Heart by George Mann

Recent Reads

Skin Game by Jim Butcher - enjoyed this latest Dresden Files offering, though I felt it was more filler than moving the overall plot. We had a couple of new characters introduced and plot points which bring up more questions than answers.  He's obviously setting up for a huge event but it's coming along slowly.  And thus begins the long wait for the next one.

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin: I've read very little from this author but this is a series that's been on my to-read list. I like how important Names are in regards to magic. While enjoyable, I felt it dragged in some places but plan to read the next one.

Drifters vol 1 by Kohta Hirano: So another series by this author while browsing the bookstore which unfortunately isn't available at the library but this was (I'm a big Hellsing fan as well). I love series that include historical characters (whether I'm familiar with them or not) so I'm looking forward to where this goes.

Haul

Sailor V vols 1 & 2 - I'm a huge fan of Sailor Moon and finally bought the Sailor V manga (I also need to start collecting the SM reprint). Though I know the basics of this 'prequel', I've never actually read it so I'm quite happy that it's now mine.

Can't Get Into

Marlfox by Brian Jacques - this is actually my first Brian Jacques novel. I'll probably return to this after I read Redwall but I've never actually been that interested in the Redwall series, but I got about 50 or so pages into the book so I feel I should go to the start of the series and see if my feelings change.

Currently Reading

A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire: I received the first October Daye book in a swap a couple of years ago, and just now getting to the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment