Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Getting Ready To Read Again

The last time I sat down to read a book was probably back in October during the read-a-thon.  Since getting back into watching anime, I stopped bringing books with me to work and instead watching episodes on my phone during my breaks.  Lately though, I've been itching to go to the bookstore to pick up some new reads but have stopped myself with the reasoning that I shouldn't be buying any new books before I move (even if I'm not taking any of my books with me just yet).  I was certain that I wasn't going to be able to participate in the next Dewey's Read-a-Thon, but I was lucky to get actual weekends off for April.  So next Saturday, April 25, I'll be getting up and reading for 24 hours with plenty of blogging and posting on Instagram throughout the day.

I have a very specific goal I'd like to accomplish with this read-a-thon.  I love book swaps - I think any new book I have gotten in the past couple of years is in result of a book swap.  However, I haven't gotten around to actually reading a lot of them (aka - almost none).  So, I plan to at least read the first few chapters of every book I've received to determine whether I actually want to keep the book and finish it, or if the book is going to get donated.  It's a task that accommodates the fact that I need to continue to go through my things for my big move.  Some of the books are ones that I never would have picked up myself but I always say that I'm willing to try something new.

Is anyone else participating in the read-a-thon?

No comments:

Post a Comment