Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

#70: New Recipes

I love food. A lot of my recreational activities with friends usually has us going out and eating sometime during our outings. I think going out to eat is a great way to relax and spend time with people.

I also enjoy cooking, baking especially. I would like to expand my skills in the kitchen.  I especially want to get better at cutting things; I love looking at the knives when I go to Sur la Table (they're just so pretty!) and while I know of the proper way to cut, I need practice.

I recently checked out all 3 books by Harumi Kurihara that are available in English. As I enjoy Japanese (and Asian cuisine in general) so much, I thought I might as well try my hand at cooking it. I'll probably end up buying at least one of books - reading them is very engaging and the recipes appear very easy to follow. I don't really watch cooking shows that show you how to make recipes (though I really love Alton Brown); I do love various shows about food or cooking competitions and like (Iron Chef! I'm hopefully going to be going to Hawaii in the fall just so I can go to Morimoto's restaurant).

I'm also looking for some specific recipes like Mexican rice and for a good beef stew.

Some recipes I'm planning on trying out (first three by Harumi Kurihara):

Chicken with Soy and Balsamic Dressing
Karaage Chicken
Beef and Finely Shredded Vegetable Soup
Egg Drop Soup
Chicken stock
Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment