Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

#97: Project 10 Pan - Lip Gloss Edition

I love makeup. I could justify spending hundreds of dollars on make up more than I can on clothing. When I'm feeling down I tend to do some retail therapy and almost 90% of the time it's make up I end up buying. Wearing make up always makes me feel better and nothing beats red lipstick.

My favorite products are nail polish, lip gloss, and mascara.  While I enjoy eye shadow and everything else, I tend to gravitate towards bold lips and a neutral eye most of the time.  I don't have a lot of eye shadow and am thinking of swapping or giving away the mineral make up shadows I have as I haven't used them. If I'm going to try to be successful at Project 10 Pan, I think I should focus on one or two specific types of products I have a lot of. I immediately crossed out nail polish as I knew I would fail - I have over 200 bottles of nail polish and while I've cut way down on buying, I'm always on the look out for unique polishes (never fail to buy Lynnderella's polishes when they go on sale).  I also left out bath products and perfume: I may stock up on soaps every once in a while but go through my stash before buying again. So I thought I would go with lip gloss.

Of all the lip products out there, lip gloss is my favorite. It comes in dozens of colors in various finishes (my favorite being shimmer) and it can be worn alone or in combination with other products.  I counted a how many tubes of lip gloss I have for the first time and the total came to I believe almost 70 (which includes mini and regular size). Surprisingly enough, there really aren't any dupes among them.  But yes, I think it's time to get serious about pairing down the collection (to make way for newer stuff ^_^).

I'm going to predict some the glosses I think I will finish:
  • Poppy King for Boots No7 in History: I really love this one; it feels amazing and is such a pretty red and really makes the matching lipstick pop.
  • Boots No7 Lip Glace in Tangerine Twist: Looks super bright in the tube but gives a lovely sheer tint to my lips and has both a hidden blue shimmer and glitter. I like to pair this with Hard Candy's tinted lip balm in Starfish.
  • Fantasy Makers Magic Gloss: One of those self adjusting glosses that came out the year before last I think - a slight change does occur and I really like the formula.
  • Stila Lip Glaze in Grapefruit: I don't mind the stickier formula and it's a nice pink gloss.
I may make an exception on future releases depending on whether it's limited edition, if I have a duplicate, etc. I usually take a long time to decide on what I'm going to buy as I tend to like to read reviews and see swatches as part of my decision making. I am planning on an Etude House order in the near future which will include some lip products but no gloss (though the one product I can't tell if it's considered a gloss or a stain or both). But I'm going to do my utter best to stick to this. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment