Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

In Review: July

Been very lazy about blogging.  Not sure why.  Got pictures for July's Glossybox already taken, so that post will be up soon. Most likely won't do a June review unless anyone wants one.  Haven't been doing much, mostly because I just want to travel (even if it's just a weekend trip) and I can't really afford it and can't get the time away. I'm so looking forward to my week-long vacation in September.

Ups

Had a really good 4th of July. I surprisingly had the 4th and 5th off this year, so I got to go spend some time with friends. We were at a friend's house which has a really great view of the fireworks that are put on each year (not a very exciting show, but I have high standards aka Disney standards).

Emilie Autumn's CD Fight Like a Girl was finally released! Ordered a physical copy which got me a download of the CD so I didn't have to wait to listen to it.  I highly recommend it.  I would love to see her perform Scavenger.

Downs

The usual. Nothing awful, thankfully.

Books

Convergence Culture: Where Old and New Media Collide - Henry Jenkins
Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris
Gaming As Culture: Essays on Reality, Identity and Experience in Fantasy Games edited by J. Patrick Williams, Sean Q. Hendricks and W. Keith Winkler
Why women have sex: understanding sexual motivations, from adventure to revenge (and everything in between) - Cindy M. Mestion and David M. Buss

No comments:

Post a Comment